Thursday, November 1, 2007

Piece of Czech Republic and Slovakia in LLN

During one night in CESEC I danced with one guy. When we decided to have some beer, we had finally opportunity to talk a bit.

HE: What is your name?

ME: Katarina. And yours? (Remarque: oh yeah, this is typical beginning of conversation, it could be more original. Well, this makes me thinking about one guy, who approached me with nice question: Maybe very personal question, but can I ask you what kind of parfume are you using? Smells great. Hihihi this is nice and innovative :-))

HE: You can call me Jerry. Where do you come from?

ME: I am Slovak.

HE: Slovak or Slovenian?

ME: Slovak.

HE: Oh, I thought you said Slovenian. I am from Prague.

ME: Yes? (at this point I was thinking that he was teasing me hehe and I did not believe him that he is from Prague, probably because of his perfect French)

HE: Yes. Let’s go outside for a while.

ME: Ok, let’s go.

HE: Hm, so we can speak Czech, cannot we?

ME: Yes, of course (me answering still in French, because I still did not believe him that he is from Prague hihi)

HE: No tak to je supr, že jsi ze Slovenska.

ME: ??? ehm??? Ty si fakt z Prahy?

Oh, and of course, I cannot skip mentioning that there is one car from Bratislava and the other one from Piestany on the parking next to my place. I should finally find out, whose it is. It is nice from time to time to express myself in my mother tongue. I like to play with the language and in none of other languages I do not have this ability.

No comments: