Sunday, November 25, 2007

Trip to Hasselt

Of course, I missed my train. Not because I was late, but just because I had forgotten to put the memory card into my camera. Therefore I had just one hour before meeting Matúško. One hour is probably not enough to see everything in Hasselt, but it is enough to walk around the small center, take many pictures and enjoy some nice streets of the city.
As it was raining, colourful lights from this house on the main square were reflecting on the paving.


This is the very famous fountain in Hasselt. Once a year, during the whole day, there is beer instead of water splashing out of that.

These trees were just asking for B/W picture.

As most of people in Hasselt, Matúš is every day riding a bike to get around the city.

We went to some nice pub. And I tried Genever, special alcohol that is produced in Hasselt :-)) It was so nice to talk Slovak. But he seemed to be a bit sad… Hopefully, everything would be fine for him… As I had to catch the train and we were quite far from the train station, I got on the back of the bike and we rode through the whole city. I had to laugh so much, had great time :-))

No comments: