Saturday, December 22, 2007

Resumé of my Erasmus semester in LLN

At some point, my Erasmus experience is already over. Well, even though I am coming back in January, the most of the people I used to hang around with will not be there anymore. Again, time to say good bye. Saying good bye always makes me thinking about the whole adventure, about nice and sad moments, actually, about the enrichment that I have taken out of that.
(from this kind of bricks is built the whole city of LLN)

The value of this experience is really huge, as from the personal and professional point of view as well.

(one of our lecture hall, it was always sooooooo warm inside heh)

Concerning personal development, I got quite a lot of feedback on my personality, I realised how the others percieve me. Not always there are sincere and honest people around. This time, I was lucky, I met people able to say directly what they think. What I learned for the future? I should me MUCH MORE self confident. Never underestimating myself nor the other people. I should not be afraid of being wrong. I should not compare myself to the others. Of course, there are so many people that are so much better in so many issues, but I should be aware of my own qualities and skills. Never leave people treating me badly. And act according to what I feel, not according to what the others say.

(Laurie - Quebec, Hanna - Finland, me, Janka - Czech/Slovak Republic)

Concerning my professional development, I was so happy about having the opportunity to attend all these six courses. I realized that the system is so much different from what I was used to in Prague. No real learning by heart. But UNDERSTANDING is the most important. Critical thinking is the basis of the most of my courses. This makes my grey cells moving in different direction that they were used to. Moreover, the most of these courses had practical aspect. People that worked in the business were giving us lectures, their valuable knowledge and point of view was formed by their own experience. We had to work on many case studies from the praxis, on projects related to the companies, which was never the case in Prague. There we got just the theoretical basis and the practical point of view was missing. No interaction in Prague, nobody is asking questions. Here, most of the western students are curious, thinking about the topic during the lecture and giving their own point of view. I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO THAT AS WELL!!! It is possible to learn that. I just hope that my grey cells will not get to lazy again once back in Prague...

(Charlotte - New Zeland, me, Catherine - Norway, Hanna - Finland)

Concerning people here, I met quite a lot of different and interesting personalities. I really regret that we, as CEMS students, were not able to form one better group, that we had to split in two parts, basically not interested in each other at all. And even not willing to say goodbye to each other. Unbelievable...

(Sebastian from Uruguay)

(Karolina - Poland, Catherine - Norway, Ashika - Netherlands)

(Karolina - Poland, me, Ashika - Netherlands)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't post a picture of you with the chains at Beckett's to show how you were "attached" to LLN? You definitely should hehe!
-laurie :P

HviEZdiCkA said...

Actually, I was thinking about that hehe and decided to post it once I will be leaving LLN for good...
Hope you are doing fine :-)