Thursday, October 4, 2007

How do I study in LLN

As I have already written, I do this semester here as part of my CEMS studies. What means 30 ECTS credits chosen among some „special“ CEMS courses. These ones divided into core and elective.

Being CEMS student means here to have very limited choice. Actually, I was a bit disappointed. We were obliged to choose 3 of 5 core courses, what is not really big choice comparing to the other Erasmus students who can choose from dozens of courses.

I have not decided yet about all classes. The final deadline is this Friday. So I have one more day to be sure about my choice. As I am the prototype of indecisive person, and as I never know what I want, this will be very hard :-))

So far I can see a lot of differences between this and my home university. At my university we have basically just one exam to pass and that is it. Here we have to work quite a lot during semester (mainly preparing different case studies and presentations). In addition, there is emphasize on team work. Everything we do is in teams. What can be sometimes a bit annoying see the number of courses and though, number of different groups and people we have to deal with.

On the other hand, what I really like is connection to practice. At my university we are basically learning the theory without getting in touch with real cases (except few courses). Here we are resolving all the time different case studies from real life. It means we have to learn how to deal with the real problem that occurs in the company. Interesting, isn’it? :-)

No comments: