Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Missing NATURE

Few weeks ago Jar* told me that he does not like my way of visiting places. He was having impression that I am visiting just for one reason - to be able to say that I have been there. Honestly, not true. For me the true and real visiting is equal to discovering, enjoying the original and unique spirit of the place and admiring of everything that cannot be seen anywhere else. There is nothing better than finding the secret coin that sometimes even people from the place do not know.

On the other hand, I have to admit that during my last weeks in Belgium I was quite tired. I was lacking energy for being enthusiastic about every detail. The reason was very simple. I kept visiting from beginning of the September - every single weekend with some exceptions was spent on journey. And that is quite a lot, I suppose. Even for such a traveler as I am.

Then one day, after short walk around the neighborhood of the house where I was staying, I realized one thing. How much I am missing the nature, walks in the forest,
singing birds, flowers, the smell of mushrooms and wood noises. Mountains. Lakes. Trees. Every single detail. As it was one of those early spring days, the smell was even stronger. Just like the village in the countryside.

Birds were singing, people were working on their new houses, the smell of burning leaves reminded me of my childhood. It made many memories come back to my mind. I remembered all those summers spent at my grand-mother’s place with all my cousins, wonderful walks in the forest, the huge amount of mushrooms, green meadow with all bugs bothering me from time to time :-)

And suddenly, in that moment I realized that probably going back to Prague would not be so bad :-)) Instead of visiting cities I would be enjoying walks in the nature. Two weekends are gone already, have not started yet. But hopefully, soon I will be heading somewhere out of Prague.

Oh, actually, this is my second new year's resolution. Even if it is probably quite late for that. I will try to spend much more time in the nature during this year. In order to have much more "hiking" kilometers in my shoes :-))

No comments: