Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Working for NGO

After my stay in Peru I started to think about working for NGO. I wanted to give sense to my life and have good feeling about the result of my effort. I was very glad to meet Ivana in EP, she talked a lot about her job in Človek v ohrození, which is NGO operating in Slovakia. According to what she was telling me, I thought I really might like it.

When I came back from Belgium, I decided that it's time to start doing something. The result of my effort was that I joined one group in Amnesty International. There are really interesting people there (some of them with dreadlocks :-)) I have impression to be in a different world. These people are really concerned about what is happening, and according to my first impression they are not so much into business as the most of people I know.

On the other hand, it is not exactly the kind of work I was looking for. At the moment we are organizing demonstration for Tibet in front of the Chinese embassy. I would love to work on some concrete project and see some concrete results. For example fund raising money for school in Africa (current CEMS Humanitarian Project) or improving hospitals in developing countries or organize educational trainings where it is needed etc. I think I would love that. But so far no result and it does not really seem there will be any. So I keep looking for.

No comments: