Saturday, June 9, 2007

Stagiare's conference in Council

During past two weeks I did not have so much time to take care of my blog. Yellow week (assistants are basically off during this week and deputes are supposed to spend it in the region where they were elected, but basically they are off, too/ just stagiares stay in the office) was perfectly quiet in EP, I had enough time to work on my bachelor thesis. On Thursday night I sent it to Vašek and later on, he brought it to my professor. I felt so good to finish this first version. That is why I had time on Friday to participate in stagiaire's conference that took place in Council of European Union. I was really excited about it, 'cause it was first time for me to enter the Council. It is pretty nice place, quite different from EP, but it was maybe just the first impression.

The main topic of the conference was "Why EU values?". It was quite interesting. There were four speakers talking about the necessity of respecting values. The first one was really great. He was talking about really interesting things. On the contrary, the last one was horrible. In Prague we would call him "uspávač hadov" :-)) Imagine, even the first speaker fell asleep ... hihi ... the people sitting next to him had to kick him softly :-))

The next week I am going for another stagiaire's conference, this time to the Commission. This one will be followed by reception :-)) Quite curious about it :-))

No comments: