Sunday, January 27, 2008

Brussels, Tournai, Lille (weekend)

On Saturday I went to Brussels quite early in the morning. I was supposed to have breakfast at Giuseppe's place, he left me the key from his apartment as he is in Korea during the whole week. I just love the place. It is in the very center of Brussels, which is simply the best :-) Moreover, the place itself is cozy, romantic and comfortable. It is some kind of old but bright apartment with gas fireplace, two spacious rooms, wooden floor, piano, and wonderful decoration (yes, it really seems that Giuseppe has a good taste).

Later on I went to Tournai. Even though it is closer from Enghien, I decided to benefit from the weather. I did not really stay long though.

I arranged with Laurence for the evening. It was nice to see her again. We went to Los Romanticos. I always feel so stupid while dancing salsa, just cannot feel the rhythm (have to work on that once back in Prague). Moreover, it is the place where Bernardo comes quite often and I was tired as I did not sleep a lot. For all these reasons I left quite early.

In the morning I took the train to Enghien. Martin came to pick me up and later in the day, we went to Lille. I really like the city. Center and Vieux Lille is beautiful, reminds me a bit of Bruges. We had nice lunch, walked a bit around and came back. I liked the day :-))

...main square in Lille...

...typical café resto...

...book market... heh I could spend hours there...

...Martin and Jules looking for some nice book...


...ehm not sure what kind of building is that, but is is nice, isn't it? :-)

...street in Vieux Lille...

No comments: