Friday, May 18, 2007

Preparing "halušky" and dancing SALSA

Yesterday we (Ivana, Palo, Petra and me) were cooking halušky with bryndza - Slovak national plate. We had quite a lot of fun while preparing it, because everybody expected the others to know exactly how to prepare it. At the end, nobody was really sure about the exact quantity of each ingredient. But the result was no so bad, actually, it was edible and we were even not able to eat everything, everybody was so stuffed. I think that all of us have enough of this delicious plate for quite a long time :-))

Today Palo left home to Slovakia. He called and told me that his Mum prepared him halušky for dinner :-))

In the evening I went out with Bernardo. We went to one place where there is only SALSA and latin american music. Everybody was so great while dancing. I felt so awkward. All the time I was not able to catch the rhythm and of course, I was dancing in totally strange way. Poor Bernardo! I wonder that he survived after yesterday and I would be really surprised if he was willing to dance with me some other time. But well, on the other hand I was so happy about listening to this kind of music and to see all these great dancers. Then we met his friends and went for a glass of wine to Slovenian restaurant. It was already closed, but as these guys work there, they had keys. I had opportunity to talk just to one of them. He has bought motorcycle and wants to go around the world by it (first idea was by bike, but on his way from Brussels to Slovenia he had problems with his knee). Interesting idea.

No comments: