Thursday, September 27, 2007

Baptism in LLN

Yesterday we went to the theater, some kind of comedy written by Shakespeare. It is said that if you understand joke in foreigner language, then you can say that you really speak the language. Well, I hardly understood anything. I should work on my French though.

What I wanted to write about is more about LLN and atmosphere that is here at the moment. It is week of baptism. It means that the newcomers are being accepted to different cercles. Every time there are groups of young people doing what the older and more experienced ones tell them to do.

There is one cercle next to my kot. Newcomers called blues here are wearing green T-shirts and panties on their pants. I wonder if they are obliged to put diapers in that as well. But the point is, that I see this group most of the time on their knees or sitting on the wet and cold ground or even lie on that according to what the others say. They are doing "funny" things. Even Nancy, our coordinator, warned us. We should not take that for serious, it is just for fun.

And if I pass around a bit later, there are always some people puking all around the wall. Too much alcohol I suppose. This is probably student life here. But I suppose that I am maybe too old or to stranger to have fun doing that kind of stuff.

On the other hand, it is tradition here, way to get to know a lot of people. As it was said so many times, to open to each other and to become friends there has to be something that connects us. And I suppose that if they all go through this procedure, there is really SOMETHING that connects them.

Well, I am not judging as it could seem. I am not saying if it is good or bad. I am just trying to understand (ehm ... while avoiding pukes on my way home).

3 comments:

Jsita said...

Kati, aspon mala podpora z Dublinu - obcas si tu pripadam stejne, snazim se porozumnet, ale asi mi to stale unika. Jo a Belgicka housemate sedi tomu popisu co ti dal Cedric. Drz se!!! :)

HviEZdiCkA said...

Ahoj Jirinka,

dakujem za podporu :-)) Ako sa dari tebe? Co ta blazniva domaca, o ktorej si hovorila? :-) Drzim palce!!!

Unknown said...

Coucou Katarina,

Comment vas-tu? Pour le Français, ne t'inquiète pas; comprendre nos blagues (et surtout les miennes ;-) est une des choses les plus difficiles!! Mais ça viendra avec de la pratique, ne t'en fais pas :))

Pour les baptêmes, tu m'avais demandé si j'avais fait le mien... et je t'avais dit non; que je trouvais ça dégoûtant! Maintenant, tu sais pourquoi. Sans juger, il y a énormément de façons de connecter des gens autour d'une expérience commune... sans pour autant faire autant de choses sales et dégradantes!

Enfin, je suis pas objectif non plus en fin de compte ;-) Disons que ceux qui ne veulent pas le faire ne sont pas obligés. Et ceux qui décident de se faire baptiser le font en connaissance de cause en sachant exactement ce qui les attend...

Biz