Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Brussels seen with different eyes

It is quite interesting to observe, how one's point of view can change throughout certain period of time. And actually, how much it depends on different circumstances.

I remember saying that Brussels is not nice city at all. I was probably a bit fed up with my job, all these eurocrates and people focused on money. Now I see that my point of view was very limited. European institutions and people working there are not the only ones staying there. There are many interesting people as well. It is just necessary to open the eyes and meet them.

I admit that I really like to get back to Brussels now. I spent there past two weekends and probably, I will make a little trip even tomorrow, 'cause I have no courses and basically, nothing special to do here in LLN. During the first weekend I walked through places that I have never visited before. I was discovering nice streets and parks and I wondered how come that I missed it before. In addition, there were several celebrations taking place at Grand Place.

We met with Marek and we were having a lot of fun together. I have to mention that I managed to buy my pot. Marek was such a gentleman that he carried it the whole day long for me. We even named this special pot, his name is Jonatan, nice to meet you :-))

No comments: