Saturday, September 8, 2007

LLN - how is the city

Louvain la Neuve is a small town created in 1971. That is why there is no historical center and basically, any special monuments. It is purely student town with houses built from bricks.

My first impression was very good. I liked it a lot, it seemed to me very cosy. In addition, as it is really small, everything is so close, ideal for riding a bike or for walking. I did not have so much time to discover surroundings of the place, where I am staying. But there is some kind of farm with donkeys :-)) and some kind of small wood or park, perfect for jogging.

What is more, there are so many things to do there (well, now I have this impression :-) There is perfect sport center with many different sport activities. I hope to have enough time to attend several courses. The center is full of shops, restaurants, bars, there is even theater and cinema. Basically everything that students need for their life.

And as Brussels is so close and the connection is very good, I am really not afraid of being bored or having nothing to do.

I have not seen salles where classes take place. Quite curious about it :-)

No comments: