Tuesday, September 25, 2007

How are parties in LLN ... (quite long post)

In this very special moment I just want to scream very loudly ... DIRTY!!! NASTY!!! HORRIBLE!!!

Before coming here Cedric warned me a bit. But you know, when I heard that Belgians are crazy and that they party like animals, I just laughed. After today's experience I see, what Cedric was trying to tell me.

There are several cercles here. Each faculty has its own place to party, some kind of student pub, where students go and get beer for 80 cents. We heard that there is very dirty party going on in cercle des ingenieurs, beer for free. Nobody really wanted to go there, but Hanna and me, brave girls, decided to have a look inside. We heard that the place is full of water, people even puke and pee into that. I just could not imagine, how some pub can be filled with so much water reaching your knees. We put on the oldest clothes that we have here and we went there. The others were waiting outside the pub, holding our purses and jumpers.

At the entrance there was basically no water. The salle was full of drunk guys, most of then half naked, one in rubber suit :-)) We had a look around. There were some guys peeing next to the wall. Nobody puking, not yet probably. Then we realized that if we want to get some beer, we have to step into the small "swimming pool" and cross it to reach the bar. Actually, it was the space limited by stairs, filled with cold water. We did not want to get wet, so I made horrible mistake. I asked one guy, if there is any possibility to get beer without stepping inside the water. He probably called the others, as in few minutes there were some guys running after us and trying to throw us into that water. Hanna manage to escape. I did not... Firstly, they just pushed me inside. I was wet till my knees. But as it was probably not enough, they take me and threw me in that nasty water. I was TOTALLY wet!!! Even my hair was a bit wet. Can you imagine that???

Probably, it would be funny if I was drunk. But as I was not at all, I did not really appreciate that. Even though after that I got my beer. I kept the glass, I really deserved that one.

Well, going to other country is about trying to understand the others and all these cultural differences and specialties :-)) Now, after having arrived to my kot, taken off all the wet clothes and taken the shower, I feel fine :-)) I actually remember that when I got to Peru, I was so desperate about those parties, where they played only salsa (I could not dance that at all). Now I love it :-)) Maybe if you ask me in January, I will tell you that in LLN there I experienced the best parties ever :-))))

No comments: